Located on Highway 9 (4355 Main Street) north of the Perimeter, adjacent to the Red River, 12 miles north of the City in the Rural Municipality of St. Paul, Holy Family Cemetery is one of two Ukrainian Catholic Cemeteries near the city of Winnipeg.
The land was purchased by Father Basil Kaminecky, OSBM on April 10, 1937 and then later blessed as Holy Family Cemetery on August 22, 1937. It was professionally landscaped in 1959 when four marble monuments were placed at the front section of the Cemetery, each marking one of the four sub-sections reserved for clergy; a statue of the Holy Family (Archbishop Ladyka's grave), a statue of the Sacred Heart of Jesus (Basilian Fathers section), a statue of the Blessed Virgin Mary (Sister Servants of Mary Immaculate section), and one of St. Joseph (Redemptorist section). The gate enclosing the premises was built in 1971.
The Sacred Heart statue was erected in memory of Father Athanasius Filipow, OSBM, the second Parish Priest of St. Nicholas Church, who died in 1937, the year the cemetery was purchased. On October 1, 2005 it was re-blessed with an inscription to Fr. Filipow, donated by the KofC Fr. Filipow Council St. Nicholas parishioners.
In 1994, a Project Transcription of all buried in the Cemetery was completed and is contained in the library of Manitoba Geneological Society.
In September 2000, the Holy Family Cemetery Committee was formed by the initiative of the Parish Priest to begin a long-term planning project for the future lay-out of the Cemetery which included the establishment of a Perpetual Care Cemetery Fund.
Graveside Services are celebrated annually on All Souls Saturday, according to the Gregorian Calendar. Panachyda is celebrated at the graves of Clergy and Sisters, at 2:00 pm, after which the faithful may request priests and deacons to bless their individual graves.